DELKOR supplies its clients with a wide variety of thickening equipment, with designs of up to 100 m in diameter.
DELKOR offers a comprehensive range of thickeners and clarifiers.
The thickener range offers designs up to 100 m in diameter, catering for a variety of applications in the minerals, industrial, chemical, water treatment and waste water industries. As the industry specialist in sedimentation, we offer both welded and bolted designs for elevated steel tanks and can supply the bridge, mechanism and drive for concrete tanks too. In addition, DELKOR can retrofit existing tanks with its advanced thickener technology.
Some of the advantages of DELKOR thickeners include:
- Lightweight yet sturdy design using the latest in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques to maximize strength and equipment life while minimizing material costs.
- Hydraulic or electric drives – known worldwide for their reliability.
- Extensive test work and operational database.
- Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) designed feedwell to optimize mixing and minimize flocculant consumption.
- Advanced froth management systems to minimize froth generation and maximize overflow clarity.
DELKOR High Rate Thickeners
The high rate thickener is a proven performer in a variety of different applications around the world. The wealth of experience and large database of results means that DELKOR can optimize the thickener size and design for every application and our recommendations can be guaranteed with performance warranties. Bench scale testing on representative samples is generally all that is required to size a thickener, but site pilot tests are also available.
DELKOR High Density Thickeners
The high density thickener was a result of clients requiring higher underflow densities and improved water recoveries, without extra cost in the pumping system for transport. By increasing the height of the solids bed within the DELKOR high density thickener, higher densities can be achieved.
DELKOR Paste Thickeners
The paste thickener accommodates the extreme mechanical and process requirements needed when dealing with high rheology underflows. With years of bench scale, site pilot testing and operational thickener experience, DELKOR can quickly and accurately determine the optimal paste thickener specification for your application.
Our paste thickeners employ advanced shear thinning technology which consists of the following devices:
- Primary thickening vessel.
- Shear thinning vessel.
- Shear thinning recirculation pump.
The advantages of DELKOR's shear thinning system are:
- Provides the lowest yield stress relative to energy input of any shear thinning system.
- Can be retrofitted to any existing thickener underflow system.
- No short circuiting of unsheared material through the shear thinning vessel.
- Optimized using CFD modeling.
- Shear vessel insert further reduces yield stress as well as injecting the sheared material into the thickener underflow stream.
DELKOR Conventional Thickeners
The conventional thickener is often used where the use of flocculant is problematic or expensive. The large area and low rise rates allow for particles to settle with little or no flocculant addition.
DELKOR's clarification range includes pinned bed clarifiers and sludge bed clarifiers.
The DELKOR Pinned Bed Clarifier
The pinned bed clarifier is a unique process for hydrometallurgical plants where solution clarity is important. A technology for polishing feed solutions for solvent-extraction plants, the unit offers low suspended solids counts in overflows, regularly achieving clarities of less than 50 ppm solids, and as low as 20 ppm.
Benefits of the DELKOR pinned bed clarifier include:
- Low capital expenditure for comparative clarifying technology.
- No moving parts, virtually eliminating the need for maintenance.
- Robust and stable performance.
- Optimized to minimize flocculant consumption.
- Small footprint.
The DELKOR Sludge Bed Clarifier
The sludge bed clarifier is typically used when overflow clarity is critical. With sizes up to 30 m in diameter, DELKOR customizes each clarifier design, supplying a bridge and mechanism for concrete or supplying it with an elevated steel tank. The unit produces overflows that are low in suspended solids (< 25 ppm). Efficient de-aeration, flocculation and mixing is achieved in the external de-aerator/mixing vessel.
Some of the advantages of the DELKOR sludge bed clarifier include:
- Lightweight yet sturdy design using the latest in FEA techniques to maximize strength and equipment life while minimizing material costs.
- Scissor lift drive – known worldwide for its reliability.
- Extensive testwork database.
- Adept at handling changes to process flow and solids content.
- Very low or no flocculant consumption.
Value for Money
- We offer both welded and bolted designs for elevated steel tanks, and can also supply the bridge, mechanism and drive for concrete tanks
- Low flocculant consumption
- We design, fabricate and supply a comprehensive range of thickeners and clarifiers
- Our thickener range includes high-rate thickeners, high-density thickeners, paste thickeners and conventional thickeners and offers designs up to 100m in diameter, catering for a variety of applications in various industries
- Our clarifier range includes pinned-bed clarifiers and sludge-bed clarifiers
- Lightweight yet sturdy design using the latest Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques to maximize strength and equipment life while minimizing material cost
- Hydraulic or electric drive solutions for our thickeners
- Scissor lift drives for our clarifiers
- We are able to conduct extensive testwork and boast a significant operational database to draw from
- Advanced CFD designed feedwells to optimize mixing and minimize flocculant consumption
- Advanced froth management systems to minimize froth generation and maximize overflow clarity
Download DELKOR Thickener Brochure
Customer Project name Office Cherifin des Phosphate S.A Morocco 2011-2015
High rate thickeners for rock phosphate product
DELKOR received two major orders from OCP S.A Morocco for the design, engineering, supply, erection and commissioning of nine high rate thickeners (HRT) for the Khouribga Mine To Jorf-Lasfar Ore Slurry Transport Project. The two orders included the supply of two 45 m thickeners, two 50 m thickeners, three 40 m thickeners and two 80 m thickeners for rock phosphate product and tailing applications.
All HRT drives were manufactured at the company’s plants in Bangalore, India; with partial fabrication being carried out in Morocco. Major components were also manufactured at the plants in Bangalore employing sophisticated 3D software that was used for design and detailed finite element modeling analyses of all equipment.
The HRT is a proven performer in a variety of applications across the mineral, industrial, chemical, water treatment and waste-water industries.
With units ranging up to 100 m in diameter being available and having been successfully installed, the benefits of the DELKOR HRT include low capital cost, a smaller footprint, effective use of flocculant and advanced automation.
Safe Makes Sense at Kusile, South Africa
Tenova TAKRAF Africa has recently just set another landmark safety record at its flagship Kusile materials handling project in South Africa. An...
Focusing on Material Handling at TAKRAF USA’s Philadelphia office
TAKRAF USA’s Philadelphia office (formerly FMC Technologies Material Handling Systems Division – Chalfont, PA) specializes in in-plant conveyor...
Successful BAUMA participation for TAKRAF
We look back on several successful days at the BAUMA fair in Munich, Germany.
Questions? Enquiries? Ideas? Get in touch with us!Read More
Solid / Liquid Separation and Wet Processing
DELKOR APIC JigsDELKOR’s industry-leading jig technology offers a cost-effective solution for separating valuable products from waste material, to produce clean, saleable products.
DELKOR Belt Linear ScreensThe DELKOR belt linear screen is primarily suited to scalping coarse oversize or trash material from process slurries. Vacuum assisted operation is available as an enhanced option.
DELKOR BQR Flotation CellsDELKOR BQR flotation cells achieve optimum operation through purpose-designed levels of solids suspension, air rate adjustment, easy froth-cone positioning and a stable pulp-froth interface.
DELKOR Horizontal Vacuum Belt FiltersDELKOR technology and know-how are founded in the horizontal belt filter and it remains the supplier of the world’s largest individual machine and filtration plants around the world.
Pressure FiltrationDELKOR designs and supplies reliable filter presses for flexible operation and easy maintenance suitable for a wide range of dewatering applications, from minerals concentrates and tailings filtration, to polishing and electrolytic processes, from coarse to very fine materials in the mining, aggregates, chemical, iron & steel, food processing and water treatment sectors.