We offer phosphate processing solutions from ore to purified phosphoric acid and salts.
Tenova Advanced Technologies (TAT) offers differentiated, project-specific process technologies based upon decades of research, equipment design and project execution. Advanced solutions include Solvent Extraction (SX) and Electrowinning (EW) for the mining and chemical industries, membrane circuits, in-house state-of-the-art R&D facilities, expertise in minerals beneficiation as well as phosphate processing from ore to purified phosphoric acid and salts.
At its core, TAT offers phosphate beneficiation process development and proprietary technologies for the purified phosphoric acid industry, both complemented by in-house laboratory and pilot plant facilities.
TAT provides the full suite of technologies for the beneficiation of phosphate rock. Project services range from process development through to feasibility studies and complete turnkey solutions, and are available for:
- Sedimentary and igneous ore types
- Carbonaceous and/or siliceous gangue
- Terrestrial and marine deposits
- Low grade phosphates
- High impurity phosphates
- Reclamation of phosphate from tailings
Our R&D facility is well equipped to handle a wide range of phosphate ore types catering to both wet and dry beneficiation laboratories together with modern analytical technologies. We also pride ourselves upon our in-house laboratory and pilot plant facilities for purified phosphoric acid, SX and mineral beneficiation test work.
Purified Phosphoric Acid
TAT provides the full suite of technologies required for the production of phosphoric acid from phosphate rock and wet process phosphoric acid, including the SX stages, acid purification and concentration; and to produce high quality food or technical grade phosphoric acid.
All data acquired during the process development stage is continuously monitored and improved upon so as to ensure reliable plant design information. Some of the factors that are considered include:
- Pre-treatment: impurity removal such as sulphates, cadmium, fluorides and arsenic
- Purification: using proprietary SX processes and selection of the optimal solvent for the purification stage
- Post-treatment: bringing the product to its final specification through concentration, solvent recovery and the reduction of total organic carbon
Based upon years of experience and know-how, we have developed and refined a comprehensive step-by-step approach for project development, ensuring the all-round fulfillment of project requirements and the ultimate successful delivery of the project.
Brief Overview of Selected Projects
- Mosaic Fertilizer LLC, Ona Phosphate, Florida: Process development high MgO ore
- Afrig SA, Phosphate Project, Senegal: 1 mtpa concentrator, process development
- Cominco Resources, Hinda Phosphate Project, Republic of Congo: 4 mtpa concentrator, process development (lab & pilot), ore variability study and pre-feasibility study
- Ma‘aden Phosphate Company, Al Jalamid and Umm Wu‘al Projects, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: 4.5 mtpa and 5 mtpa concentrators, process development (lab & pilot) and basic engineering & Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED)
- Namibian Marine Phosphate, Sandpiper Project, Namibia: 3 mtpa concentrator, process development (lab & pilot), pre-feasibility study, basic engineering and definitive feasibility study
- Arafura Resources, Nolans Bore Project, Australia: 0.5 mtpa concentrator, process development (lab & pilot) and basic engineering
- Vinachem, Lao Cai Apatite Project, Vietnam: 1.7 mtpa concentrator, process review and development of basic engineering package
- Bofal, Mauritania: 1.0mtpa concentrator, process development (lab & pilot), basic engineering and bankable feasibility study
Purified phosphoric acid, phosphate processing
- Nirma Ltd., India: Food grade PPA 21,000tpa (P2O5) from rock/HCl, process development (lab & pilot), feed stock selection and basic engineering & FEED SX, design & supply
- Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd., India: Food grade PPA 21,000tpa (P2O5) from rock/HCl, process development (lab & pilot), feed stock selection, basic engineering & FEED and SX design & supply
- Ma‘aden, Wa’ad Al Shammal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Food grade PPA 50,000 tpa (P2O5) from WPA, process development (lab & pilot), basic engineering & FEED, SX design & supply
- WENGFU PHOSPHATES, China: Food grade PPA 100,000 tpa (P2O5) from WPA, process development (lab & pilot), basic engineering & FEED and SX design & supply
- EUROCHEM KARATAU, Kazakhstan: Phosphate chemical complex process selection study