High Pressure Grinding Rolls (HPGR)
HPGRs are modern and efficient comminution machines, which are becoming more and more popular in mineral processing.
In addition to the industry-leading equipment that TAKRAF already offers to the mining industry, the TAKRAF HPGR is a benchmark in further developed comminution technology
HPGR technology is a qualified alternative for large-scale comminution circuits and is becoming ever more popular in minerals processing. The technology's working principle is that two counter-rotating grinding rolls expose a column of material to high pressure, which is distributed across the gap between the rolls. Interparticle comminution is the HPGR specific grinding process in which material particles are crushed and ground within the compressed material bed and not by contact with the roll surface. Feed material can be smaller than the gap, which is an important distinction as compared to crushers, for example.
The high pressure comminution process causes micro-cracks in the particles, which lead to the liberation of minerals and a higher portion of fines. HPGR treated minerals show better leaching performance, because the micro-cracks increase the particle contact surface for the leaching liquid. Also, flotation efficiency is further enhanced through the use of HPGR comminution.
Grinding of material in HPGRs has proven to be more cost efficient as compared to conventional mills and crushers. Especially downstream processing stages such as ball-milling are more energy-efficient due to the finer product size distribution coming out of the HPGR and the additional effect of micro cracks in the HPGR product particles.
In essence, the main motivation to use HPGR's is to save energy and production costs.
HPGRs can be employed in brownfield projects to de-bottleneck conventional crushing/milling circuits so as to increase total plant capacity. Furthermore, they can also be used as tertiary and/or quaternary crushing stages or in the pebble-crushing stage to improve downstream milling performance.
Value for Money
- Low cost of fabrication, erection, operation and maintenance
- High system availability and reliability, low maintenance requirements
- Grinding of material in HPGRs is more cost efficient compared to conventional mills and crushers - especially when it comes to down-stream processing stages such as ball-milling
- Safe maintenance solutions
- Control and alert system for fail-safe operation
- Specialised equipment for safe transport
- Finite Element Modelling (FEM) for load optimized parts
- Short shutdown time for maintenance and repair
- New edge protection for rollers
- Long lifetime of wear parts
- Standard spare and wear parts
- Quick link system for fast and easy roller change
- Optimized bearing support for higher bearing lifetime
- Low specific energy consumption
- Low noise level
- No harmful emissions
- Fully automated and semi-automated operation possible
- Our machines are designed in a modular build and are thus available in a range that can fit all process needs
- Pilot machine can be completely assembled and ready for commissioning in a 20`container
Download Grinding Technology Brochure
Out of the Box Thinking at TAKRAF Brazil
At a large alumina refinery in Brazil, the team from TAKRAF Brazil had to think out of the box and come up with a safe and effective procedure to...
DELKOR Thickeners in Morocco
Tenova DELKOR is pleased to announce the successful supply and mechanical completion of seven DELKOR thickeners, together with our flocculation system...
Unloading of More Than 1,560 Wagons in 48 hours
Tenova TAKRAF is pleased to announce the successful achievement of the 48-hour performance test for a major bauxite expansion project in Guinea. This...
Questions? Enquiries? Ideas? Get in touch with us!Read More
Roll CrushersRoll crushers are customized solutions for new or existing crushing plants.
Roller Supported ScrubbersTAKRAF designs comminution systems for coal mining and preparation, industrial minerals, mining and processing and other non-metallic mining and processing systems.
SizersTAKRAF has designed and developed a new line of sizers that are tailored to suit a variety of applications all over the world. TAKRAF Sizers incorporate pre-engineered modules with application specific features that result in an economical solution for our customers boasting high availability, high maintainability and high value.